Friday, February 8, 2008

Finally Something to Write About...

Hopefully the writers will be again too. http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-strikeendgame0208,0,1810839.story

Not only do we have the good news that negotiations may actually amount to something, but we have also had the arrival of a decent new show.

For those of you who have missed the first two episodes of Eli Stone, you need to catch up on ABC's online episodes. It has all the whimsy of Ally McBeal while hitting some serious topics that are relevant and yet have not been brought into the public eye enough (i.e. Autism being linked to preservatives in immunizations.) Now, if only there was a dancing baby.

Speaking of babies, my absence from the blog has only partially been linked to the lack of actual programming to write about. I have also had my own dancing baby join my line-up. My hospital stay brought about my worst television experience ever.

I ended up in a shared room in the mommy-baby ward. The family sharing the room felt the need to have their television on all 48 hours they were in the hospital. I had no idea there were people who actually watched the preachers that are on at 3am and Jerry Springer in the same 24 hour span. My daughter's first exposure to television was listening to paternity results on Maury Povich, Family Guy cultural reference slams, and infomercials. There are actually people who watch 10-15 hours of CW programming in a day. I came home from complete sensory overload from listening to the worst that television has to offer for 48 hours straight to find that my DVR had lost all power and had to be replaced. I went from a 48 hour relay of tv to a 48 hour purge of tv. I have since recovered and am able to watch and listen to tv without any recurring tremors.

With the possible return of beloved shows I am wondering what you are most excited to see return to the small screen.

No comments: