Saturday, October 13, 2007

What I Am Watching

As Premiere Season comes to a close I decided it was time to go through my weekly line-up.

Monday- 8:00-8:30pm How I Met Your Mother CBS - Still far and away the best comedy on tv.
8:00-9:00pm Chuck NBC - As much as I have enjoyed the first few episodes, I think I am going to get tired of this. It may not make it beyond a season.
9:00-10:00pm Heroes NBC - I have picked this up this season after trying it out when it premiered last year and being bored by the slow movement of the plot. The pace is quicker now and I can't wait for Kristen Bell to finally appear.
9:30-10:00pm Samantha Who ABC- Premiere wasn't too bad.
10:00-11:00pm The Bachelor ABC
10:00-11:00pm Journeyman NBC- Yes, I am still trying to like this show.

Tuesday-
This is my let down day of the week. Since the CW cut Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars last year there is nothing great to fill the void, just some average (that may be pushing it) shows that are fairly forgettable. However, this last week I stumbled onto Carpoolers and I may have to change that statement (for at least half an hour) if the show continues to be as funny as last week's was.
8:30-9:00pm Carpoolers ABC
9:00 - 10:00pm House Fox

Wednesday
Wednesday fills the void left by Tuesday with two of the best new shows.
8:00-9:00pm Pushing Daisies ABC - Without a doubt the runaway winner of this year's premieres. If you haven't read my post on consistency yet, I hold by all statements made as I watched the second show. I was also thrilled to see the writers/ director are making full use of the talent they have in Kristin Chenowith. If Private Practice catches on to the talents of Audra McDonald this might just become "Broadway Wednesday".
9:00-10:00pm Private Practice ABC - I am still a bit disappointed in this show. I am hoping Dr. Pete's development pushes the show along. Addison is portrayed too often with juvenile inclinations towards social behavior and control of emotion. She is a beautiful, accomplished, intelligent woman who has to keep telling people this because her actions and words make her seem less than she is. Why can't she have those qualities and be portrayed as a strong woman?
9:00-10:00pm Gossip Girl CW - I have realized that part of the reason this show appeals to me is my favorite movie of all time is Pretty in Pink. This show is all about the haves and have nots of high school. What it is lacking is a good male cross-over character from haves to have-nots and the fact that Chuck Bass does not hold a finger to the James Spader Steff. I found myself fast forwarding past the "Party of Indulgence" this past week because I didn't want to watch Chuck buying women in the absence of being at all appealing to any unpaid member of the female population. The real find in this show is Penn Badgley who perfectly plays the have not Dan trying to impress a have girl without crossing into a world that he doesn't agree with.
9:00-10:00pm Bionic Woman NBC - OK, I cheated. I don't actually watch the NBC telecast of Bionic Woman. I hop over to SciFi and DVR it when it shows there so I can get all three shows in for this time slot. Since Bionic Woman is my least favorite of the three, this works out perfectly. The dialogue is sophomoric and even the fight scenes are getting to be so too. Yes, there needs to be a learning curve to Jaime's abilities, but she also has enough strength to be able to pummel whomever comes after her that doesn't have bionic abilities, right?!?
10:00 - 11:00pm Life NBC - A refreshing take on a man done wrong. I would tune in just to see the fruit of the week.
10:00-11:00pm Dirty Sexy Money ABC

Thursday
My must watch night of the week
8:00-9:00pm Ugly Betty ABC
8:00-9:00pm Survivor: China CBS
9:00-10:00pm Grey's Anatomy ABC
9:00-10:00pm CSI CBS
10:00-11:00pm Without a Trace CBS

Friday
9:00-10:00pm Women's Murder Club ABC Nowhere near as dark as the promos led me to believe. I enjoy seeing an empowering woman show.
10:00-11:00pm Men in Trees ABC

Saturday
Catch-up time. There is never anything good on Saturdays

Sunday
8:00-9:00pm Viva Laughlin CBS The premiere was interesting enough to give this one a shot for a few weeks. I hope that future shows will have the cast members singing the songs without the original vocals at the same time.
9:00-10:00pm Desperate Housewives ABC This show is finally making its way back.
9:00-10:00pm Cold Case CBS
10:00-11:00pm Brothers & Sisters ABC
10:00-11:00pm Shark CBS

No comments: