Saturday, April 28, 2007

Addition to the Top 8- Now 9

I can be persuaded. I just got this comment:
golfmidatlantic said...

All time favorites? How can you have an all-time favorites list without such classics as Little House on the Prairie, Cheers, The Wonder Years, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, Everybody Loves Raymond... and...

I don't know. You want great TV? How about sports! Every game is has a new 'plot.' The actors can't act, but the beer commericals are usually pretty good.

While I can't agree about the sports. The Wonder Years was most definitely overlooked. As for the others- While 90210 did take up an hour each week of my high school career and change my hair style (for the worse don't ever cut your own bangs). I am referring back to my original criteria of whether it was one I hung on to 'til, in this case, the bitter end. I was there for every show for high school, I even went through college without missing too many shows, but the after college... I mean SERIOUSLY... it jumped the shark when Donna lost her virginity. Melrose goes along with the same principle, the couldn't hang on through the end, not the Donna virginity part. Little House isn't considered due to the fact that I wasn't born when it started in 1974, another one of my initial criteria. Cheers I will need to think about, it will definitely be on my honorable mentions list, and Everybody Loves Raymond never made the cut for me. See, I warned you all, totally subjective.

So I am adding on:

The Wonder Years 1988-1993 ABC Dramedy Starring Fred Savage
For tackling social issues of one of the most tumultuous times in US history through the eyes of a child. Children are our future after all, aren't they? For a show that put Kennedy's assassination on about the same level of instability in the world of Kevin Arnold as his first trip to a co-ed party and experiencing "Seven Minutes in Heaven" and/or the destruction of the beloved "Harper's Woods" where the first kiss was shared.

Thanks for setting me straight golfmidatlantic. :)

No comments: